Professor: Astrid Masset, Panthéon-Assas University.
Objectives: The objective of this course is to develop, deepen and update students’ knowledge of financial accounting. Consolidation of accounts is mandatory for the preparation of financial statements where a mother-company controls other companies. The course will help understand and interpret the methods used to prepare such consolidated accounts.
The course is organized around six key points:
- Determination of the scope of mandatory consolidation of accounts;
- Description of the different consolidation methods and their specificities;
- Organization of the consolidation of accounts;
- Neutralization of the impacts of intra-group transactions;
- Acknowledgment of deferred taxes and their impacts on accounts;
- Neutralization of minority interests and sharing of shareholders’ equity.