Objective: The aim of this course is to apply Excel to the resolution of key problems of finance. After a reminder of the main functions of Excel, we will develop applications in actuarial calculation, valuation of options and portfolio management.
- Application of a scale for the calculation of tax
2. Actuarial calculation
- Construction of debt amortization schedules
- Bond calculation (price, sensitivity, duration)
- Construction of the zero-coupon and forward rate curve forward.
3. Option pricing
- Modeling the course of an action by a stochastic process
- Introduction to the Monte Carlo method for evaluating options
4. Portfolio Management and Optimization
- Building the efficient frontier
- Calculation of statistics on stock market data
Grading: Final exam at the end of the semester.
- Winston Wayne L., Excel pour le business et la finance, Microsoft Press, 2004.